It’s been a busy year for Factora!
2018 has been a year of investments in the three key areas of people, products and processes, all in the service of continuing to satisfy our customers’ high expectations. As just a few examples, we:
- Grew our consultant team by 20%
- Implemented a formal onboarding & technical certification program for new hires
- Formalized a partnership with OSIsoft and built a stronger partnership with PTC
- Established ThingWorx as Factora’s standard for MES visualization
- Developed a GE MES connector for ThingWorx
- Were recognized on the 2018 CRN IoT Innovators List and Gartner’s Guide for MES/MOM Implementation (1 of only 7 global systems integrators named)
- Started a leadership program based upon Collective Intelligence, a 21st-century approach to leadership that parallels the informational connectivity upon which Industry 4.0 is built
Strategy for 2019
2019 will be a year of continued growth – executing our cultural and technical development to accelerate our value of making Industry 4.0 real for manufacturers.
As CEO, I plan to stick to my core principles of: hire the best people you can and nurture them; focus our efforts on where we add value to our customers; be fiscally responsible. And be open to learn from others on new approaches and concepts – never forget you don’t know what you don’t know.
Changes for 2019
People With our founder Charles Horth stepping up to Chairman of the Board, yours truly as new CEO, Brent Seely as CINO, Brigitte LePage as V.P. Culture, and Paul Gloutnez as CFO, our leadership team has never been stronger. We’ll be accelerating our hiring program to grow our consultancy team by another 25%, with continued development of the Onboarding program (which has already involved participation from clients, to help them quickly onboard and develop their own new talent).
Partnership We’ll be partnering directly with Rockwell Automation to support the implementation adoption of ThingWorx and FactoryTalk Analytics. Watch this space – you’ll be hearing more about this one! We’re also partnering with MESA & Gartner to ensure we keep pace with the rapid evolution of manufacturing needs.
Power of a team
I’m at the point in my life where I’m starting to realize lifelong dreams. It’s interesting, part of the reward is getting there, but a deeper part is the daily fun involved. I get to work on exciting initiatives with great clients, supported by a leadership team I enjoy and admire. I get to push the limits of the latest technology working with a team of skilled consultants who are always doubling down on dedication to deliver value for our customers. What’s not to like?
So, thank you to my colleagues on the leadership team who contributed to this post. Thank you to the whole Factora team.
And thank you to you, our client, prospect, or interested follower. Wishing you all a very happy holiday season. And a happy New Year!